No older Bucking Sailboat.No older Bucking Sailboat.Bucking Sailboat Archives...Bucking Sailboat 1x01 - With Our Sincerest ApologiesJump to Bucking Sailboat 1x09 - A Very Strained Relationship

Trailer: Bucking Sailboat Season One

Check out the official trailer for Bucking Sailboat Season One! We're going to be launching the show this autumn, so be sure to stay tuned! :)

Trailer (SD)
Trailer (HD)

Check it out!

The trailer for Bucking Sailboat Season One! It's been a long time in coming, but we're finally approaching go time for Bucking Sailboat. And that, dear friends, is very exciting for all of us over here.

I, personally, am very pleased with how the trailer turned out. We even built the entire thing from scratch! No stock footage, no stock music, all original.

I don't even know how many hours I spent composing and arranging the soundtrack for the trailer. But it was a lot.

So, if you haven't already, check out the trailer! But don't stop there! Check the “Media Downloads” section for all kinds of goodies! We have:

» Downloadable video! Put it on your iPod and play it for your friends!

» Soundtrack MP3! Enjoy the trailer's soundtrack? Download it and share it with your friends!

» Desktop Wallpaper! Slap it on your computer desktop and gaze at it lovingly for hours on end! (Er, or something.)

We're giving all this awesomeness to you for a reason though…

See, this video release is a big deal for all of us over here at Markley Bros. Entertainment, so please remember to spread the word and share this video with all your friends! (Try using the ShareThis widget below to post to Facebook, Twitter, etc.!)

Seriously. If we have to beg, we will.

Thanks!

--Alex

P.S., Let us know what you think in the comments!

About Ohioville!

The Geek said:

In my listening to the Malex Minute and watching this trailer, I wonder, is Ohioville a city, or a state, or a nation, or a world by itself? Ok, obviously it is in a fictional world all its own, but in that world, what is it?

Aha, the question!

Ohioville is, as you put it, a fictional world all its own. But it has some properties, definitely, that make it a bit unique.

See, depending on the context, Ohioville functions as all of the above. It is a city, a state, and a nation. But there are always other cities, states, and nations. It just happens to be the one we're interested in. And no matter where you live, Ohioville should seem vaguely familiar.

One thing about Ohioville, though – which is not like the real world – is this sense of brokenness that shows up everywhere you turn. Ever notice how insane things always seem to happen to Malex, Linus, and Snuffy in the Malex Minute? They bring it upon themselves a lot, but a lot of times it's just because of Ohioville.

Ohioville is full of broken people and it's run by a broken political system. Its buildings are falling down, its weather is often catastrophic, it has monsters everywhere, and anywhere you look you're very likely to find a wormhole, demon, or a shady vendor selling Wonderflonium Window Cleaner under the train tracks.

Bucking Sailboat, as I have mentioned before, is a sketch comedy show. It's not about characters or situations, it is just a snapshot of Ohioville.

Make sense? :)

ttyl!

--Alex

Media Downloads

NameSizeAction
Trailer (SD)15.39 MB Download Now - 15.39 MB Watch Now - Trailer (SD)
Trailer (HD)24.09 MB Download Now - 24.09 MB Watch Now - Trailer (HD)
Soundtrack1.41 MB Download Now - 1.41 MB Listen Now - Soundtrack
Wallpaper190.76 KB Download Now - 190.76 KB View Now - Wallpaper

Comments

Woo!

I love it! This trailer is awesome, and I really love the music for it. So excited to see more! :-D

Und alvays rememba cheeldren: Delta ecks eqvals fee nought times time ploos von half accelerashun times time sqvared.

Alex's picture

Thanks!

Mad Hatter said:

That's so great! And we've gotten such an overwhelmingly positive response so far, too... It's all very exciting. :)

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Lilly's picture

I can't wait!!

I'm really excited for the Bucking Sailboat stuff! You guys are so much funnier on video than audio. So I'm ready to laugh myself sick when you guys start putting out videos! ^_^

I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest- Owl City

oh my,

I feel like I just talked with one of my friends. I am horrified, confused, but strangely curious and want to see more.

Also, interesting new logo animation.

Lilly said: So I'm ready to

Lilly said:

So I'm ready to laugh myself sick when you guys start putting out videos! ^_^

Should we be insulted? :P

Everything looks perfect from far away.

Wow.

Not exactly what I expected from the Bucking Sailboat and yet...entirely what I expected from the Markley Brothers. I'm intrigued and can't wait for my favorite season to roll around so I can see more!!

Feels like you guys are making progress and I can see it now! ^__^ I'm excited to see what will come next.

It's good to be back =)

Praise the Lord! Hallelu!

I don't care what the devil's gonna do!

The Word and faith is my sword and shield

And Jesus is Lord of the way I feel!

Alex's picture

Hooray!

The Geek said:

I am horrified, confused, but strangely curious and want to see more.

gnnb94 said:

I'm so glad you guys are feeling the tug of the boat!

I know our big changes, with the web site and the hiatus and lots of stuff going away, all felt super drastic and probably like ten steps backward. I hope now you can all now see things coming together the way we've dreamed for so long that they would!

Stay tuned! Lots of massive stuff coming!

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

randomly wondering

YAY!!!

This is really exciting. I know how long and hard you guys have been working toward making this a reality, and I'm so thrilled to see it coming together at last.

Alex said:

I'm so glad you guys are feeling the tug of the boat!

Ho,ho! Tug! Boat! TUGBOAT!!! That's funny!

The Geek said:

is Ohioville a city, or a state, or a nation, or a world by itself?

Ohioville is a state. Of mind. Ha, ha, ha!!!

Okay. I think I've gotten all of that out of my system now. Sorry for the interlude. Back to my comments on the trailer.

The music is amazing, Alex. And no matter how often I watch the trailer, I still think it's funny. Great work!

We should take our comfort from God's word, not from the circumstances of our lives.

Peter's picture

Tug of the Boat

I have to say, I share Alex's feelings - I'm really glad you guys are sensing the hype and enjoying the sneak peeks. :)

“Timby, I know you’re awake! Don’t lie!” –Nixy (Contradictionary - Party)

Alex's picture

Ohioville!

SangMing said:

I'm so glad! High compliments indeed. :)

The Geek said:

Aha, the question!

Make sense? :)

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Alex's picture

Digg!!!

Guys, I see you all sharing links on Twitter and Facebook. Thank you so much for that, and definitely keep it up!

Can you also, please please please Digg this trailer as well? We need to see if we can make a big splash with this trailer, and every little bit helps. :)

Use the ShareThis widget to make it super-easy, or just click here: http://digg.com/comedy/Bucking_Sailboat_Trailer

Thanks a million!

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Lilly's picture

Digg says it is not letting

Digg says it is not letting new people join for some reason. It said something about a new site and that they'll email about when you can join.

I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest- Owl City

Alex's picture

Oh, gee...

Lilly said:

That's... no good. Well, if you already have a Digg account, please Digg. Otherwise, feel free to ignore me. :)

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

SangMing said: Alex said: I'm

SangMing said:

Alex said:

I'm so glad you guys are feeling the tug of the boat!

Ho,ho! Tug! Boat! TUGBOAT!!! That's funny!

I...just now got that... <_< xP

Praise the Lord! Hallelu!

I don't care what the devil's gonna do!

The Word and faith is my sword and shield

And Jesus is Lord of the way I feel!

Soundtrack

Also, the soundtrack turned down is good background study music.

P.S. I hate summer school health class thingy

Alex's picture

Whee!

The Geek said:

Also, the soundtrack turned down is good background study music.

I'm glad to hear that! :-D I've been really enjoying listening to movie soundtracks lately, and I'm always learning more about how to compose and arrange such things. I really do feel like this trailer soundtrack is on the very cutting edge of what I currently know, so I'm glad to hear that others are enjoying it. :)

I also feel less weird now for listening to it myself on a loop in the background. <_< … >_>

Alex's Old Sig said:

“Aww, it's okay. Tell me all about it; I promise to listen like I care.”

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Peter's picture

...

Alex said:

*lol*

“Timby, I know you’re awake! Don’t lie!” –Nixy (Contradictionary - Party)