Jump to Trailer: Bucking Sailboat Season OneBucking Sailboat 1x06 - Monkey Finds a WayBucking Sailboat Archives...Bucking Sailboat 1x08 - The Incurable Urge to FlyJump to Bucking Sailboat 1x09 - A Very Strained Relationship

Bucking Sailboat 1x07 - Geography Lesson

Everybody's favorite delusional despot is back! This time he explains geography's hidden nightmare! It will change everything you ever knew. Enjoy!

Episode Video (SD)
Episode Video (HD)

Alex's Thoughts

Yet another really exciting episode!

This episode is interesting to me for a lot of reasons. For one thing, it contains both some of the very oldest footage we filmed and some of the very newest. That part where I bounce off my knees? That was the summer of 2009. (It was also too funny to hurt.)

In contrast, sequences featuring our resident delusional despot (I think he should be called Alex the Great) have only recently been filmed. That footage (all improvised!) is only a few weeks old. But interestingly, my idea for the character dates all the way back to some test footage I filmed with my web-cam in October of 2008.

Of everything in this episode, though, I am most excited by the part with the cameo of a certain lovable character. In this segment, our lovable character was coming back from the grocery store when something bad happened. You'll have to see it for yourself. :)

The background plate was originally filmed behind the old SermonMP3s.com office building way back in the day. (2007?!) In all honesty, I had forgotten about it until this spring, when Peter and I went to Taco Bell for dinner and started brainstorming (yet again) about how we might bring an animated character to life in the real world.

I suddenly got so excited about the idea, we didn't have time to film another background plate! We dug up the old one and set to work as soon as we got back to the apartment!

The results, to me, are astonishing. That little ten second clip far exceeded my expectations. And you can bet that I have every intention of using this technology again.

By the way, I am happy to report that – despite all appearances – we were not arrested for filming this episode. A kind word turns away wrath, kids. Remember that.

Remember, we did this for you. Please share and enjoy!

—Alex Markley

Media Downloads

NameSizeAction
Episode Video (SD)44.86 MB Download Now - 44.86 MB Watch Now - Episode Video (SD)
Episode Video (HD)91.35 MB Download Now - 91.35 MB Watch Now - Episode Video (HD)
Poster Image177.25 KB Download Now - 177.25 KB View Now - Poster Image

Comments

"Mark my words."

Oh, they're marked alright, Alex. They're marked.

Love Kevin's dream sequence. It seems kinda peaceful actually. And then how you sort of dance around him, getting in his face before running. Priceless.

Poor Snuffy. One would almost have to think Linus would be involved for something like that to occur. And yet...

Police! Doesn't everybody love the police? I've had the police interrupt filming before as well... Oh well. X-D

Everything looks perfect from far away.

Good job, everyone!

Good job, everyone!

Very nice. The line about the pickaxe (sorry for the European spelling, can't stand writing "pickax") tickled me especially. :D Who is Kevin juggling for? They sit very still.

Also, everything else I want to say about each individual clip goes here. I can't collect all those pesky words, nor would you probably care to hear them, but I can summarize: the whole thing, and each of its parts, was very good. :P

Und alvays rememba cheeldren: Delta ecks eqvals fee nought times time ploos von half accelerashun times time sqvared.

Peter's picture

Thanks!

:D

Mad Hatter said:

Good job, everyone!

*lolz* :P

“Timby, I know you’re awake! Don’t lie!” –Nixy (Contradictionary - Party)

Lilly's picture

Rofl

"These make sense to me. These give me peace."

GO NEW ENGLAND! ;)

I laughed really hard at just about everything in this episode, except the cop car at the end. Don't get Gabe in trouble! :-|

I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest- Owl City

Peter's picture

Hmm...

Lilly said:

Don't get Gabe in trouble! :-|

I'm afraid you have years of our family history stacked against you on that one... ;)

“Timby, I know you’re awake! Don’t lie!” –Nixy (Contradictionary - Party)

Beautiful.

Amazing. :D Made me laugh out loud several times. I'm fairly sure my family thinks I'm a little loopy now. haha

The cop at the end was by far the best part.

Seeing Kevin get tackled again made me happy. 'Tis all epic. =]

Praise the Lord! Hallelu!

I don't care what the devil's gonna do!

The Word and faith is my sword and shield

And Jesus is Lord of the way I feel!

SNUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Snuffy bit. That's probably the best part of Bucking Sailboat yet. You should definitely have him in as much as possible. Nice police car too. It's a nice addition to the episode. :D

All in all I have to say this is an awesome episode. They keep getting better. :D

I'm not stalking you. If I knew you were going to be here I probably wouldn't have come.

Alex's picture

Yay!

Thanks so much for the quality feedback guys! It is much appreciated!

Can you believe how many “Likes” we've gotten on Facebook so far?! 49 in just over twelve hours! I can hardly believe it. If we manage to spark a viral trend, that will be the thing. The thing.

IT'S HERMIA said:

I love the Snuffy bit. That's probably the best part of Bucking Sailboat yet.

Finally, somebody mentions Snufflefungus! I am so excited to see Snufflefungus!

We're not going to win any awards for visual effects, but nobody is going to have a hard time suspending their disbelief when they see Snufflefungus. He's cute, he's fuzzy, and he's hopping away from fire. What more needs to be said?

IT'S HERMIA said:

You should definitely have [Snuffy] in as much as possible.

Ooh. I don't think we're scheduled to have Snufflefungus show up again in this season of Bucking Sailboat. But wouldn't it be nice if we got to see the whole gang in an adventure of their own?

IT'S HERMIA said:

Nice police car too. It's a nice addition to the episode. :D

Haha, thanks. You know, that was completely unplanned. That is actually a video of our filming being interrupted by a very stern representative of the law. Let me tell you, he was none too pleased with our tomfoolery.

gnnb94 said:

Seeing Kevin get tackled again made me happy.

I'm sure he'll be quite pleased to hear that. :)

Mad Hatter said:

Who is Kevin juggling for? They sit very still.

That's Gabe. :-D Surreal, eh?

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Surreal

Alex said:

Surreal, eh?

Indeed. :D

Laughing out loud, again!

I've watched this episode 3 times so far today and laughed a lot at it each time.

Alex The Great seems a bit confused. Power often seems to reside in the hands of the confused in Ohioville - as with President Anchorman. But at least our despot is willing to not just complain about things he doesn't like. He's willing to get out there and fix them!

I love Snuffy!!! The animation is amazing! But what happened? Was there a sterno accident on the way home from Piggly-Wiggly? Poor Snuffy.

I loved the dreamlike quality of the tackle. Good shot, Alex. You got up there pretty high. I love the innocent childlike attitude of the witness. Amazing!

This episode is really amazing, guys. Lots of good laughs. Thanks!

We should take our comfort from God's word, not from the circumstances of our lives.

Mariel 7's picture

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Alex said:

Not that you're hinting or nothing ^_^ ;)

SCI-EENNNNCE!!!! @_@ - Dr. Insano

Alex's picture

Mariel 7 said:

Not that you're hinting or nothing ^_^ ;)

Why, whatever do you mean?

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”