Jump to Trailer: Bucking Sailboat Season OneBucking Sailboat 1x02 - Gentlemen and Other WildlifeBucking Sailboat Archives...Bucking Sailboat 1x04 - The Long Winter JourneyJump to Bucking Sailboat 1x09 - A Very Strained Relationship

Bucking Sailboat 1x03 - Introducing a Very Great Man

Stare. Stare into the very face of terror. (Hint: It's the mustache that gives it away.)

Episode Video (SD)
Episode Video (HD)

Alex's Thoughts

Friends! Thank you for stopping by! It's okay that you didn't call first, we don't mind. Don't forget though, we do need your help! It's not hard, just click those “Like” and “Tweet” buttons (right below) and share our stuff with your friends! Every +1 helps, including yours. :-J

With regards to our newest character… This man, this mustached menace, is clearly not to be trifled with. He seems like the sort who wouldn't take it very well. And really, anyone whose list of aspirations includes ruling you someday probably falls into this category.

On the other hand, he doesn't seem very competent. So maybe you are actually safe.

Maybe.

Anyway, on the whole I feel really good about this episode! It's funny! (That somehow surprises me every time.) And I even managed some more big wins of sound design with a smidgen of original music. Peter's animation, again, never ceases to amaze me. And Alice performed quite a feat of camera-as-character work that makes for quite a jaw-dropping spectacle.

So there you have it! Bucking Sailboat episode three. We're on a roll. So let's see if I can get episode four done on time too. ;)

Remember we still have two more shows with new updates this week, so check back on Wednesday and Friday for your regular doses of high hilarity!

ttyl!

—Alex Markley

Media Downloads

NameSizeAction
Episode Video (SD)52.64 MB Download Now - 52.64 MB Watch Now - Episode Video (SD)
Episode Video (HD)107.22 MB Download Now - 107.22 MB Watch Now - Episode Video (HD)
Poster Image212.38 KB Download Now - 212.38 KB View Now - Poster Image

Comments

Oh yes!

This is my favorite Bucking Sailboat episode ever! Well... so far. I've only seen the three completed.

The guy running in the snow to tackle poor Kevin looks like he's done this before. He has snow all over his shoulder and back!

I love the Bird Horse sequence. The animated character is too funny for words! And the setting is so colorful! Very well done.

The general dude, I think he's one of my favorite characters. I love the delivery of the line, "I have been left with nothing." I hope to see more of him!

Also, I'm really happy to see what you've done with the Camera as Character bit. The music was very exciting. But the music box music at the end was the perfect touch. Man though, that clip was like a banshee to film!

Everything looks perfect from far away.

Very awesome.

Best reason for being late to class yet! :D

Und alvays rememba cheeldren: Delta ecks eqvals fee nought times time ploos von half accelerashun times time sqvared.

Wonderful!

That segment with the camera and running and panting and stuff seems like a mental hospital. I found it a bit creepy.

I like the dictator or despot or whatever he is. Actually, you look kind of handsome with a mustache, Alex.

My favorite was the carnival thing. What is that guy, anyway? And that was some fairly nice juggling, Alex. I like the barker voice, too.

In all, another successful episode. Keep it up!

We should take our comfort from God's word, not from the circumstances of our lives.

Details

Aisling said:

But the music box music at the end was the perfect touch.

I was barely able to hear the music box music at the end of that sequence and I mistakenly attributed it to the Bird Horse sequence. (That song, BTW, sounds like The happy Wanderer. I've always liked that one.) I had to turn my sound way up to hear the music box music in the Camera As Character sequence. Nice touch, though.

Unintentional humor: In the Bird Horse sequence, there's a building in the left background that says in big red letters, "RESTROOM ATM" Hmmm....

SangMing said: Unintentional

SangMing said:

You sure that was unintentional? ;)

Everything looks perfect from far away.

Alex's picture

Huzzah!

Mad Hatter said:

Best reason for being late to class yet! :D

Thanks so much for watching, guys. And for the positive comments. :)

If you're interested in hearing the music box song all the way through, it can be heard here: http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=24724

Yes, I did not compose that, it is actually from an antique music box.

Similarly with the 'carnival' music from the past two episodes. Those were recordings of antique street organs. For example: http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=71503

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

best episode so far

Hey guys, this episode is the best yet, I think. I was going to try to talk to you Alex last night, but because Cabsino took over our usual spot and we were forced to move, I didn't get a chance to ask you what you're planning on doing with this web series. I know you want to continue, but I was just curious if you're planning on expanding with it or if you want to try to get it aired on TV after a year or two of running with this. Because this is really good. You see, I'm just asking because there's this woman from California, I think my professor said she came from California so I'm not 100% sure, and she's doing the same as you guys. She's doing a web series, BUT she's planning on trying to run the networks over and get this stuff aired on T.V. I just came from helping her shoot the pilot and she was telling me a little of her plans for her project, which is why I'm asking you. Because, don't get me wrong, but I think this is really good and if you can try and perhaps talk to someone from the film department and go over some of your plans, they might (but I can't promise anything) be willing to help you guys out in some fashion. As a matter of fact, my film department sent out my professor and several of its film students to help her because they're hoping that her series take off and they get the exposure that they want. If you like, I can send you my e-mail address over facebook and we can talk about it more privately. Because it was just an idea I had and I wanted to pitch it with you to see how you like it or don't like it.

Alex's picture

Dude

wagner010 said:

Hey guys, this episode is the best yet, I think.

Thanks so much! That's fantastic news. :)

wagner010 said:

I definitely have a lot of ideas of what to do moving forward. The main thing is for us to build our Internet audience so that we're big enough to have some leverage in negotiations with networks and distributors.

We will be unstoppable once we have A) a workable product and B) the audience to prove that that product is valuable.

Keep in mind too, we're not just talking about Bucking Sailboat. We have a lot invested in certain other characters. Now that we've got the video thing "down" I would love to do a pilot episode around some already-loved characters within the next 6 months.

wagner010 said:

Sounds good man. Hit me at our contact page if you like, or just friend me on Facebook. :-D

ttyl!

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Lilly's picture

lolz

I showed this to my dad, he actually laughed at the very great man bits, which is quite a feat when it comes to my dad :-P

I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest- Owl City