Jump to Trailer: Bucking Sailboat Season OneTrailer: Bucking Sailboat Season OneBucking Sailboat Archives...Bucking Sailboat 1x02 - Gentlemen and Other WildlifeJump to Bucking Sailboat 1x09 - A Very Strained Relationship

Bucking Sailboat 1x01 - With Our Sincerest Apologies

This, dear friends, is the first episode of the first season of Bucking Sailboat. Watch it! Watch it like a banshee!

Episode Video (SD)
Episode Video (HD)

Alex's Thoughts

Your attention, sir or madame. Please, please click the “Like” button on this episode! (It's right below this. Right there. See it? Good!) If you like what you see on MarkleyBros.com, tell your friends! Share this episode on Facebook or Twitter!

That's how – with your help – we'll build our audience up so we can publish new comedy for years to come. :-D

On another note, you may notice that that – in this first episode – we keep apologizing for the contents of the episode itself. I agree that this cannot bode well for the rest of the season. :-\

Despite that, I am unbelievably excited about this season of Bucking Sailboat. We have the whole season mapped out, and some part of me wishes we could show all thirteen episodes to you right now. The sane part of me, however, knows that the full dose might harm your brain.

So, you know, we'll try to avoid that. :)

Anyway, stick around! We have a great lineup this week! And next week, and next week…

ttyl!

—Alex

Media Downloads

NameSizeAction
Episode Video (SD)40.07 MB Download Now - 40.07 MB Watch Now - Episode Video (SD)
Episode Video (HD)80.92 MB Download Now - 80.92 MB Watch Now - Episode Video (HD)
Poster Image274.9 KB Download Now - 274.9 KB View Now - Poster Image

Comments

Lilly's picture

YAY!

It's here it's here! And it's hilarious! I love the intro stuff and watching you guys act like... you do when we're sitting in a resturant and I'm trying to eat... =P I'm gonna be telling random people they've got hail now. XD

My one comment was that all the intro stuff seemed pretty long in comparison to the actual show and not broken up like the rest so it was kinda strange.

I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest- Owl City

Alex's picture

Thanks!

Lilly said:

It's here it's here! And it's hilarious!

Thanks so much for the feedback, Lilly!

Lilly said:

More great feedback. That cold opener is attached to the beginning of the first episode to help ramp people up into the madness. For the rest of the season, we will not have a cold opener, and we will instead go right into the title sequence.

Make sense? :) I hope? :-D

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Love it!!

This was lots of fun. I love the opening bit with all three of you guys. You all look so totally insane. Technical question:

Alex said:

Is the "cold opener" the part with the 3 guys talking about the camera? And is the "title sequence" the part with the music? I like to try to get my terminology straight.

The alien autopsy is so very very jarring. Funny, but jarring.

Kevin is to be commended for putting up with the flying tackle. He knew it was coming, but never broke stride or flinched. It's amazing what people can do once that survival instinct has been weeded out of them.

Overall, I love it! I love it like a banshee!!!

We should take our comfort from God's word, not from the circumstances of our lives.

Alex's picture

More great feedback!

SangMing said:

[…]

Overall, I love it! I love it like a banshee!!!

Thanks so much for your feedback! That's definitely very encouraging. :)

And you are correct, the cold open is the part with the three of us talking into the camera. It's called that because it's part of the episode, but it occurs right at the beginning before the title sequence.

For reference:

» http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_open

» http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_sequence

In future episodes, we will jump right to the title sequence instead of trying to use the first minute to build up audience interest.

Hopefully this strategy won't come back to haunt us. :)

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

haha!

I love the part where the guy tackles the other guy and runs off. Typical college kid behavior. XDD

Nice work...I like the hail. The graphics are good, the Alien part's weird XD

Okay fine I liked all of it. I can't wait for other stuff to come out! Good job, guys*. =)

*not gender-specific

Praise the Lord! Hallelu!

I don't care what the devil's gonna do!

The Word and faith is my sword and shield

And Jesus is Lord of the way I feel!

Alex's picture

Nice!

gnnb94 said:

Haha, then I'm guessing you'll want to pay attention to future episodes… :)

gnnb94 said:

Thanks so much! I definitely look forward to your feedback on future things too. And don't forget to "Like" the episode on Facebook! ;)

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

Mariel 7's picture

*APPLAUSE*

Very nice guys. I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for episode 2 :D

SCI-EENNNNCE!!!! @_@ - Dr. Insano

interesting...I'm excited to

interesting...I'm excited to see where you're going to go with this. It looks very promising :)

God gave us music, that we might pray without words

Eep

OMG, I was so excited when I remembered that this came out today. And I was very disappointed. How could you!?!?!?!?

Just kidding! I loved it! I can't wait till the next one. I love you guys. lol

I'm not stalking you. If I knew you were going to be here I probably wouldn't have come.

Yaay!

It's here, it's good, and I'm excited for more! I must say that Peter totally steals the cold-open. XD Thanks, guys!

Und alvays rememba cheeldren: Delta ecks eqvals fee nought times time ploos von half accelerashun times time sqvared.

Alex's picture

Awesome

You guys, this reaction is absolutely stellar. Thanks for watching and commenting. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think as the season rolls out. X-D

And definitely, please keep sharing this stuff with your friends! We've had a really great launch, but this is no time to rest. Yesterday, on launch day, we had over 70 unique visitors to the site. (Before the launch, we were getting fewer than 20 unique visitors per day.)

In order to keep the lights on, we need to keep growing this audience. With your help, I think we can double our audience. Let's see if we can get at least 140 unique visitors next Monday.

Think it's impossible? It's not! Click those “Like” and “Tweet” buttons, tell your friends at school, and anything else you can think of!

And as always, let me know what you think in the comments.

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

great

now I wince in fear every time I check my AOL.

As always I fear and am exited about the next installment of this new series.

Alex's picture

Success!

The Geek said:

now I wince in fear every time I check my AOL.

As always I fear and am exited about the next installment of this new series.

That's a lot of fear. People, this is why we do what we do.

That is all.

Alex Markley

“Arrogance is bliss! Or is that ignorance? Either way, I win!”

A blink. Anything.

SangMing said:

You know? I noticed that too. Not a hint that he knew what was coming. I'm impressed.

Everything looks perfect from far away.